What is Go?
Go is an incredible language to learn if you want to develop incredibly fast and reliable systems. As of the 10th of November 2016 it passed it’s 7th birthday and it continues to build pace within the programming ecosystem.
Features of the Language
The language itself is open source and incredibly powerful, with features like concurrency built into the language it’s an excellent candidate for some of the tools I plan to build in 2016.
- Statically Typed
- Features Garbage Collection
- Compiles Exceptionally Quickly into Machine Code
- Run-time reflection
In order to start writing your own Go based systems you’ll need to install it on your local machine: Download Go
- Creating a Simple Web Server with Golang
- Reading in Console Input in Go
- Sending Email using Go and Mailgun
- Writing a Twitter Bot in Golang
- Creating a RESTful API with Golang
- Executing System Commands with Golang
- Golang MySQL Tutorial
- Golang Integer to String Conversion
- Parsing XML Files with Golang
- Parsing JSON files with Golang