Before we can dive into developing applications that use Docker, it is important to understand the fundamentals of Docker and how it works below the surface.
- Works on my machine
- A means of developers having consistent dev/test/prod environments using containers
- A large majority of tech companies.
Why You Should Learn It
- It comes up often in day-to-day development of services when working in Go
- You’ll tend to find companies use docker-compose to spin up their apps locally and being able to debug issues with startup etc is incredibly important
- The concept of containerization is also incredibly important when it comes to deploying your apps to the likes of a kubernetes cluster.