The goal of this project is to show you everything it takes to build a complete, fully functioning frontend application using the VueJS framework. We’ll walk through everything from setting up your project, to hitting a few APIs in order to retrieve any articles and rendering these nicely on our site!
We’ll cover the following topics:
- Setting up a VueJS project using the vue-cli
- Creating your first component
- An introduction to routing in your Single Page Application
- Hitting API endpoints in your components
- Dynamic routing in a Single Page Application
If you wish for me to extend this or feel I should expand upon anything then please let me know by tweeting me: @Elliot_F
Github Source Code!
The full source code for this project can be found here: elliotforbes/hackernews-vuejs
Feel free to steal this and use this for your own personal gain, but if you do end up making a million off it, I expect at least a beer if you ever stumble across me in the wild!